What is the Adopt a Sister Program?
- Our community has a growing number of working families and individuals with no (or insufficient) health insurance;
- A growing number of indigent and homeless individuals many of whom are in need of some form of mental health treatment.
- A growing number of returning Service members who face the prospects of a broken marriage or post traumatic stress from extended deployments and combat.
The Adopt a Sister program is a way The Sisters of St. Francis, an order of women religious, help care for those with these growing needs through their ministry, Franciscan Community Counseling.
- Franciscan Community Counseling provides full service, nonsectarian, mental health services to address these needs regardless of anyone’s ability to pay.
- We are grateful to our many current and continuing supporters, but we must expand our base of support, if we are to continue to provide these essential and critical services.
- Adopt a Sister proceeds go entirely to support Franciscan Community Counseling.
CLICK HERE to read and download an informational brochure about the Adopt a Sister program and how you can participate.
You may also fill out the form in the brochure and mail in your donation.
When we pray, often we pray for specific outcomes in our lives. We can eventually accept and learn to understand those outcomes, whatever they might be, if we first seek peace through prayer. Each adopted sister’s first intention is a prayer for peace for you. Their second intention is a prayer of thanksgiving and gratefulness that you and your adopted sister have been able to travel together in your prayerful journey over the course of the coming year, while at the same time remembering those souls served by Franciscan Community Counseling.
Your loving support, by adopting a sister and praying with that sister, will help make sure that the notion of certain peace will be available to each person who has sought help at Franciscan Community Counseling, especially to those without the means to shoulder the heavy burden of its costs. I hope that you will consider our request and Adopt a Sister.
As an adopter, you will receive an adoption certificate and your Sister’s picture.
We are eternally grateful for your generous help. May “peace be with you”.